The consequences of the breakdown of a relationship are often highly emotive and require a special set of skills, both professional and personal. Therefore, practical solutions, with the aim of minimizing acrimonious litigation to resolve disputes in the best interests of the children and for the protection of family obligations are needed to contain the consequences. Our areas of work include but not limited to the following:
• Annulment Proceedings;
• Custody Disputes and Settlement Agreements;
• Distribution of Matrimonial Property ;
• Judicial Separation; and
• Maintenance for Spouse and Children.
We provide both advisory and documentation work relating to the preparation of Wills for assets situated locally and/or abroad. For matters related to the administration of estates of deceased persons, our work usually include:
• Preparing petitions to the High Court for the issuance of grants of probate or letters of administration;
• Resealing of grants of probate and administration obtained from any part of the Commonwealth or granted by British Courts in a foreign country;
• Providing assistance in obtaining administration in respect of small estates;
• Rendering advice to executors and administrators of estates in relation to their duties in law;
• Facilitating the distribution of assets to beneficiaries;
• Handling disputes related to contested wills/probate.
To more understand about Wills, you may click here.
There are many reasons why trusts are created. They may have been included in a person's Will, set up during a person's lifetime for tax planning purposes or created to protect the interests of a disabled relative or the proceeds of a personal injury claim.
We have been providing expert and pragmatic advice to our individual clients and their families for many years where trust could be created as an alternative to or in conjunction with a will and other elements of estate planning.
There is no such thing as a standard business practice. Thus, we design the right structure and negotiate the right deal based on your business need. We also advise on the full range of corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial matters.
Everyone needs a lawyer at some time in their lives. When the time comes, we are there to assist you to solve your legal need without fuss and at a reasonable cost. Whatever your legal need, we will provide you with the very best advice whilst putting you at the centre of that process.
It is part of our long-term growth strategy to position Lee Sok Wah & Co. as the preferred legal advisor in cross-border deals involving China and Malaysia. Our China Desk provides the full range of legal services required by the growing needs of our clients based in Malaysia and China.